Get jiggy with your mouse

Thursday 19 May 2016

You're a perfectionist too? Okay, no, it's obviously just me...

I'm a writer. Maybe that's obvious. Maybe it's not. Maybe you're thinking: this girl has no idea how to form sentences. Right you are!

You know when you love something so much, you try extremely hard to be great at at, as if to not let yourself down? To not suck at the one thing you're super passionate about?

(snorts) Clearly that's just me. Hush now, Jordan. Shhhh.

But seriously. Concentrate. This. Is. Me. In. English. And it is bloody tiring. I write, I edit, I ask questions, I keep asking questions and even when I hand up assignments I'm still second-guessing myself. I think of all the little things I should have changed, all the sentences that were perhaps unclear. YOU DO THE SAME?

Nope, still just me.

I ask so many questions I'm fairly sure my teacher gets annoyed the second my hand lifts off the table, my palm flattens and I raise my arm in the air. Alarms blare in the back of his mind, old and fizzled cabaret lights warning him of my brewing query. He groans internally. The acid churns in his stomach, bubbling up his insides so he can taste bile.

'Do you think this makes sense?' I ask.

So now I have a new problem, probably one you can relate more to: I have started a blog post with no direction. Raise your hand if you're bored.

*Jordan raises her hand*

Raise your hand if reading this was a total waste of time.

*Jordan unwillingly raises her hand* (writing it was painful)

But, you know what, I just attempted my new maths investigation. I needed a break. I deserved a break. This is it. I am a social one. An uninteresting one too, as you might be discovering. Maybe this is my shield. Maybe I am truly a party animal. Maybe you'll never know.

I'll probably never know either with all this "school".

No comments:

Post a Comment