Get jiggy with your mouse

Tuesday 17 May 2016

There is nothing better than being exactly on the word count...

Okay, so maybe I suck at this blog thing.

- Oh, I'm sorry?! Have you done year twelve before? (pauses) That's what I thought. It's not exactly a hobby people develop.


However! I don't give a toss. Well, maybe I do. Maybe the fact that I have no time to spare actually freaking sucks.


Maybe you wish you hadn't clicked on this page in the first place. I've done that before. Start reading, get bored, click that red button in the corner... Don't feel bad if you do. No shame.


Wow, get a load of this self promotion.


***


If you're a student, hopefully you can relate to my awesomely, gloriously thrilled mood: ***I just got my English essay down to 1000 words*** Delivering the feels right there. No kidding. There I was, scrolling through and looking for things to delete completely... and a little 1000 pops up at the bottom of my page. 'Word Count: 1000' has never looked so damn fine. DAY-UM.


Actually, I tell a lie. Trust me to get ahead of myself.


​Wait for it. Just wait​. Seriously, stop being impatient.


Jordan's worst word count dilemma ​ever? I was initially 2000 words over for a component of my research project. I wouldn't recommend it. On that note, I wouldn't recommend research project either.


(groans)


Do not even ask.


At least research project made one thing clear: I'm not about to spend my life conducting interviews, "action research" or writing reports for research studies I've fantastically accomplished. No, this does not mean I am any closer to making my decision about the uni course I will apply for. Now you're getting ahead of yourself.


Maybe I'll win the lottery. Yeah. Sounds like a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment