Get jiggy with your mouse

Saturday 18 June 2016

I think I found my dog's special spot...

You have a pet hate. Don't deny it.

I bet you're thinking about it now. Gee, thanks Jordan.


Maybe it's the way people (or someone in particular, if you're that kind of person) clicks their teeth together. But you CANNOT say it's the old fingernail on the blackboard. We all hate that one.


I have one. You know those knives with the slightly cerated edges? Scraping that up against a fork sends a chill down my spine. It bugs me.


***


Okay, not that either of these is a pet hate, I just had to get them into writing.


THERE IS A CRICKET FARM GROWING AT MY SCHOOL. Also, big tip, even if you don't know if it's a school, pack, herd or farm of crickets, do NOT google image that damn thing.


Anyway, there are seats at school, more like clumps of cement shaped in a ring that the school somehow deemed "creative". There are gaps in between the cement, probably no more than a couple of centimetres thick. Here is where our little harvest of crickets live, crawling up and down the edges.


A girl from my year sat over the crack, unaware of the critters. I didn't tell her anything. We're not friends, not even when a cricket is making its way up her skirt. I am a bad, terrible person.


Bonus: My dog, as you can hopefully recall, is a female dog, approximately 18-20 months old. Loves a good scratch.


​Just don't go near the top of her back legs. That's her spot​, if you get what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment